an easy and inexpensive menu, with the flavors of the beautiful Franche-Comté!
With inflation reaching more than 7% in one year in France, many households will pay attention to their budget for the end of year celebrations. We have concocted for you with love, an easy menu at a low price.
Life is expensive, more and more expensive. The Banque de France, which monitors pricesprovides a price increase to 7.3% end of 2022, before declining to 4% at the end of next year and to return around 2% towards the end of 2024-25.
The Christmas Basket of 20 Hours of France 2 did the test, It is well stocked, but it is mostly hit by rising prices. At checkout, the rating has increased by 8.8% in one year.
How to indulge yourself for parties on a budget? It’s possible, here is our idea of a starter, main course, dessert with basic ingredients.
1 pumpkin, around 1.4 kg
50 g of Comté (if you don’t have any, a little grated will do)
10 cl of light cream
2 vegetable stock cubes
1 tablespoon old-fashioned mustard
Coriander, curry, cumin, coarse salt, pepper as you wish
► The complete recipe can be found on the ptitchef website
So easy that you can prepare everything in advance in the afternoon, all you have to do is put your dish in the oven at aperitif time.
For 6 people, here are the ingredients
- 2 Morteau sausages
- 6 medium leeks
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 100g butter
- 80g breadcrumbs
- Salt, pepper, grated nutmeg
How to do ?
- Cook your Morteau sausage for 35 minutes .
- Clean your leeks and cut them into thin slices.
- Heat your butter in a non-stick saucepan or skillet. Cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, barely adding water.
- Then pour in the cream, season with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg. And put your preparation aside.
- Cut out your Morteau in rounds and place them in the bottom of a gratin dish. Cover everything with the leek fondue.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and the grated Comté that you have mixed.
- Bake at 180-190° for about 25 minutes to let the breadcrumbs brown like a sweet crumble.
- You can serve this dish with some Thai or basmati rice on the side.
The traditional Comtoise galette
For a medium pancake
- 130g flour
- 80g sugar
- 50 cl of milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons orange blossom (or other alcohol if you prefer)
► The complete recipe to be found on the avenalla website
A frosted clementine for the line!
Ingredients for 6 people
- 6 clementines
- 40g golden sugar
- 1 egg whiteegg
► The complete recipe still on the avenalla website
Happy holidays, take care of yourself and those you love….