New Year’s RECIPE: Cyril Lignac shares his light Thai cod recipe, ideal for a light New Year’s Eve
Because festivity must rhyme with serenity, chef Cyril Lignac has concocted a light recipe to celebrate New Year’s Eve without straying and stick to his good resolutions of the year until the last day! And his light cod is a great meal idea for December 31st.
If you’ve been overindulging over Christmas, why not take advantage of New Year’s Eve? to take a step ahead good resolutions for the coming year ? Leader Cyril Lignac share for the occasion a festive and very digestible recipe made of seared cod and a ultra-fragrant Thai broth. This white fish low calorie and accessible perfect replacement for fatty and also more expensive salmon. Result: you can enjoy a good dish with family or friends without having to feel guilty the day after !
Cod in Thai broth: Cyril Lignac’s light recipe
Whether you want to take care of your figure or receive at home guests in full weight loss program, Cyril Lignac has prepared you a dinner light made of cod while guaranteeing you a good dose of sweetness thanks to Asian flavors broth who accompanies him!
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 fresh cod steaks of 130 g per person
- 400g steamed white rice
- 1 peeled cucumber
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced
- A few coriander leaves
- 15 g semi-salted butter
For the Thai tom broth
- In a pot, pour a drizzle of olive oil and add the mushrooms, ginger, lemongrass, garlic, chilli, tomato purée and cucumber. Sweat without coloring.
- Add coconut milk and chicken broth then bring to a boil. Let cook 15 to 20 minutes. After cooking, strain the broth over a second saucepan and heat it.
- Add the nuoc mam sauce, powdered sugar and lemon juice. Add the cold butter and mix. Book.
- In a hot skillet, pour a few drops of olive oil. Add a piece of butter and drop the pieces of fish. Color the sides with the foaming butter. Cut the cucumber into pieces and the mushrooms into quarters. Gently mix the vegetables with the cooking of the fish, browning them slightly. Pour over some broth. Let it cook over low heat for 7 minutes. In a saucepan, pour the previously cooked rice and add a little broth.
- For training, place the pieces of fish and the vegetables in pretty hollow plates. Add the emulsified broth on top then a few coriander leaves. Serve with hot rice.
To end this New Year’s Eve dinner on a sweet note without feeling guilty, try our 3 deliciously light dessert recipes!