Floating island in the microwave: chef Norbert Tarayre shares his recipe for a light dessert ready in 10 minutes
With simple eggs and a microwave, it is possible to make exceptional recipes! Chef Norbert Tarayre proves it by creating a floating island worthy of the greatest pastry chefs in less than 10 minutes.
After his ultra-gourmet Nutella soup, the very popular Norbert Tarayre is back with a new sweet recipe that’s easy to make. For the occasion, he rubs shoulders with a monument of French cuisine: the floating island. Self-taught, the chef who made a name for himself in season 3 of the show Top chefshows ingenuity in his Youtube videos and thus makes the kitchen accessible to all. For this light dessert, he does not hesitate to use a handy little appliance and yet often shunned by purists: the microwave !
The recipe for floating island in the microwave from Norbert Tarayre
With few ingredients but many ideas it is possible to concoct exceptional desserts to impress your guests! In less than 10 minutesmake the recipe step by step aerial floating island accompanied by a gourmet chocolate sauce signed Norbert.
- 6 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 250g milk
- 200g 64% chocolate
- 1 pinch of salt
- Clarify the eggs. Discover Norbert’s easy trick to easily separate the white from the yolk of eggs!
- In a bowl, pour a pinch of salt then whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer. During this step, add the sugar to the eggs in three times and thus obtain pearly whites perfectly whipped and sparkling.
- With a spatula, fill small bowls or ramekins with the preparation.
- Place the bowls one by one in the microwave and start express cooking, between 15 and 20 seconds at 900 watts. Reserve your floating islands.
- For the dressing you can make a custard as the original recipe wants or prepare a chocolate sauce of which Norbert has the secret by melting chocolate in boiling milk. Pour a base of chocolate sauce into the bottom of a deep plate and place the beaten egg whites on it.
Norbert’s anti-waste tip for using up leftover egg whites
For an anti-waste recipeNorbert recommends that you make a second dessert with the remaining beaten eggs: one semifreddo, a fresh and light Italian specialty. All you have to do is add citrus zest to the preparation and pour it into a dish before cooking it in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds. Reserve in the freezer and serve frozen with orange supremes! Also try Anne-Sophie Pic’s no-cook orange soufflé recipe.