Pan-fried scallops: Mohamed Cheik, Top Chef 2021, shares his amazing easy corn recipe
To prolong the spirit of the holidays without excess, why not take the opportunity to taste some beautiful seasonal scallops. The chef and big winner of Top Chef last year shares a recipe to sublimate them!
Chief Mohamed Cheikh who won the twelfth season of Top Chef accounts for nearly 175,000 subscribers and as many foodies on his Instagram account (@mohamedcheikh_). At the start of the year, it prolongs the spirit of the holidays by sharing his recipe perfectly pan-fried scallops that it accompanies of an explosive ingredient to change white butter. Easy and quick to reproducethis association while lightness is to be discovered without delay to impress your guests!
The recipe for fried scallops by Mohamed Cheikh
For sublimate this delicate crustacean what is scallopsthe chief and winner from the Top Chef 2021 showassociates it with the candy and the sweetness corn. This affordable ingredient can be transformed into a multitude of preparations, here in one ultra-smooth cream !
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 20 scallops (3 pieces per person)
- 300g sweet corn
- 1 onion
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 cl of white wine
- 20 cl of water
- 30 cl of liquid cream
- 20 cl whole milk
- 2 bunches of parsley
- 300g parsley oil
- 50g unsalted butter
- For the corn creamcolor it corn with olive oil in a pot. Add them onions minced and a clove of garlic crushed then deglaze with white wine. add 2 to 3 scallops previously snacked. Pour the liquid cream and water then cook for 10 minutes. Mix the preparation and pass it through a sieve for a creamy result.
- In a hot pan, sear the scallops on one side only. Add it parsley, garlic and soft butter. Baste the scallops and set aside.
- Make a coral emulsion. Separate beforehand the coral of scallops. In a pot, sweat the shallots with a drizzle of olive oil and add the coral. pour thehas liquid cream and milk then cook 2 minutes over medium heat. Mix before straining.
- For trainingchoose a bowl in which you drop a tablespoon of corn cream. lay out 3 pan-fried scallops and hasadd coral emulsion. You can make parsley oil to reveal the dish and bring color and freshness !
Discover Laurent Mariotte’s combination of scallops and parsnips to impress your guests.