Fluffy Pancakes, the gourmet trend from Japan
The fluffy pancakes , it is the soft recipe that seduces gourmets! Focus on a gourmet trend from the land of the rising sun,
The fluffy pancakes it’s what ?
Literally “soft, fluffy, airy pancakes”them fluffy pancakes are a Japanese specialty. In their country of origin, they are called “hottokeki“. What makes them successful? Their texture fluffy, fondant and their great photogenicity due to their incredible thickness (compared to pancakes ‘classics’)! This is obtained thanks to whipped egg whites and incorporated directly into the dough. Consumed in Japan for centuries, fluffy pancakes have now become the stars of brunches and breakfasts!
How to make fluffy pancakes ?
Want to try this sweetness from Asia? It’s quite simple! The achievement of fluffy pancakes doesn’t require great pastry skills…as long as you know how to whip egg whites. To obtain the bouncy and fluffy effect, you will nevertheless need a little of material : bring a non-stick pan, a lid, a stainless steel ring, an electric mixer (unless you prefer to beat the egg whites by hand!) and cook!
Follow our step-by-step recipe to make fluffy pancakes delightful !
On the networks, the recipes are legion, here are the ingredients you will need to prepare one of the best fluffy pancake recipes : 2 whole eggs; 1 egg white; 30g of flour; 40 g of sugar; 20ml whole milk; 10 ml vegetable oil (sunflower); 1 teaspoon of white vinegar; 1 packet of vanilla sugar or a teaspoon of vanilla extract; 1/2 packet of baking powder.
- For about 4 to 5 fluffy pancakes. Separate the whites from the yolks, reserve the whites. Whisk the 2 yolks with the milk and oil. Gradually add the flour mixed with the baking powder and the vanilla sugar or vanilla extract. Stir everything until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the three egg whites with the teaspoon of white vinegar and the sugar. Beat until the whites are firm and form the famous “bird beak“. The vinegar allows the egg whites to hold together better and gives that incomparable fluffiness to the pancakes.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, spoon by spoon, without breaking the egg whites. Don’t stir too hard.
- We move on to cooking. In a lightly buttered frying pan, place the stainless steel circle previously buttered on the inside, pour the batter until half of the circle and cover.
- Let the pancakes cook slowly over low heat. for 4 to 5 minutes covered, be careful even if you are in a hurry, too high a heat will burn them.
- Gently turn them over with a spatula to cook them on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes to finish cooking.
- Taste the fluffy pancakes without waiting, still warm with seasonal fruits, melted chocolate, maple syrup or icing sugar to accompany a cup of tea or coffee.
- Mini pancakes, a very gourmet trend
- Mochi, the Japanese party cake