Lunar calendar 2023: what are the dates of Full Moon and New Moon?
Powerful and mysterious, the Moon fascinates. It has always guided us through the night, giving rhythm to our daily lives. If its influence on the tides is no longer to be proven, the powers of the star of the night would be much more complex and numerous than what we want to believe. Belief or not, in astrology, its cycle is meticulously studied. Full Moon, New Moon, crescent, quarter… Each month, for approximately 28 days, the lunation – another name given to the cycle of the moon – thus sees the star of the Moon wax and wane, shine and “disappear”, die and be reborn. night. Small point to understand everything about its movements and its influence in 2023.
What is the role of the Moon in astrology?
To each star, each planet, each asteroid its power. That of the Moon: acting on your emotions. The directing star of the sign of Cancer also gave its name to Monday, a day of the week which, according to astrologer Joyce Duval, is ideal for “taking care of loved ones, enjoying a good meal with the family, gardening , cook and even make plans for the future”. More concretely, the Moon is given many magical powers. It would awaken our sensitivity, multiply our intuition, be able to vary our moods, amplify our imagination, make us dream and have a direct link with menstruation. A legend says that in certain ancestral tribes, menstruating people ovulated during the New Moon and bled during the Full Moon.
Anyway, the Moon is often linked to femininity. Chance or coincidence, as Mars is the incarnation of the God of war and Venus of the goddess of love, the Moon embodies the Triple Goddess. A divinity gathering Hecate, Selene and Artemis, three powerful icons. Why ? Simply because, like these goddesses, the Moon reveals different faces during its cycle. Its shape changes. Studying the influence of the Moon, the placement of your Lilith and your Moon sign, can therefore teach you a lot about whether or not you internalize your feelings and how you deal with your emotions. This is why we advise you to read (also) your horoscope of your moon sign.
Read also: How the cycle of the Moon helps us to better understand ours?
Why use the lunar calendar?
Even more than the simple study of the placement of the Moon at the time of your birth (lunar sign), following the daily movements of this star can allow you to apprehend your daily life more gently. Yes, it’s like that with each planet in astrology: depending on the sign in which the stars are found each day, they will not have the same energy. Not the same influence. The subtlety with the Moon is that in addition to knowing where it is in the sky, it is good to know what aspect it takes at night. Full, it radiates. New, it will disappear. Between the two, it can be rising, crescent, falling or quartered. Each phase of the Moon then releases an intensity of its own. Using a lunar calendar allows you to follow your trajectory and therefore your different states of mind. Gardeners use it to take care of their vegetable patch, witches to know when to do their rituals to materialize their dreams, make wishes or set their intentions.
The 2023 lunar diary to find out what the Moon is today
The lunation extends over more or less 28 days has a specific pattern. It all starts with the New Moon, a period of decline when the star is almost invisible to the naked eye. Then, little by little, the Moon grows in the sky to become, fifteen days later, perfectly round and brilliant. It is the time of the Full Moon. After two or three days when its powers are increased tenfold, intensified, the Moon resumes its course in the sky. It will then turn into a district and then into a descending crescent, before disappearing back into the sky. Fifteen days after the Full Moon will therefore take place a New Moon. And so on. Note that the Moon moves very quickly on the wheel of the zodiac. She only stays a day or two in each sign. Want to feel more connected with the energies of the night star? In addition to following the lunar calendar, you can also consult your lunar horoscope!
A lunar calendar to know when the next Full Moon is?
In astrology, the Full Moon is a moment of externalization, of joy, of forgiveness. A time when the magic of the Moon is supposed to reach its peak. These evenings are then considered as invitations to free oneself, to detach oneself from all that is no longer working and above all, to celebrate life in all its splendour. The Full Moon is a time of abundance. And, be careful, each Full Moon has its own name and symbolism! Pink moon, blue moon. Moon in Scorpio or Capricorn. Discover the dates and times of these unmissable events in 2023.
- Saturday January 7, 2023: Full Moon in Cancer at 12:09 a.m.
- Sunday February 5, 2023: Full Moon in Leo at 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 7, 2023: Full Moon in Virgo at 1:42 p.m.
- Thursday April 6, 2023: Full Moon in Libra at 6:36 a.m.
- Friday May 5, 2023: Full Moon in Scorpio at 7:35 p.m.
- Sunday June 4, 2023: Full Moon in Sagittarius at 5:43 a.m.
- Monday, July 3, 2023: Full Moon in Capricorn at 1:40 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 1, 2023: Full Moon in Aquarius at 8:33 p.m.
- Thursday August 31, 2023: Super Full Moon in Pisces at 3:37 a.m.
- Friday, September 29, 2023: Full Moon in Aries at 11:58 a.m.
- Saturday October 28, 2023: Full Moon in Taurus at 10:24 p.m.
- Monday, November 27, 2023: Full Moon in Gemini at 10:16 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 27, 2023: Full Moon in Sagittarius at 1:33 a.m.
Find out when the next New Moon is with the lunar calendar
The New Moon is, as its name suggests, a new beginning. In the sky, the Moon disappears, it becomes invisible to the naked eye. Hence its other name: the Black Moon. Moment of renewal, reflection and retreat, this lunar phase invites everyone to draw up a list of their desires, their needs and to take stock of the past month. In other words, it’s the perfect time to sort things out and get your ideas straight. It’s a perfect evening to set your intentions, demonstrate, enter into introspection. In short, to be calm and take care of yourself.
- Saturday January 21, 2023: New Moon in Aquarius at 9:54 p.m.
- Monday, February 20, 2023: New Moon in Pisces at 8:07 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 21, 2023: New Moon in Aries at 6:24 p.m.
- Thursday April 20, 2023: New Moon in Aries at 6:14 a.m.
- Friday, May 19, 2023: New Moon in Taurus at 5:54 p.m.
- Sunday June 18, 2023: New Moon in Gemini at 6:38 a.m.
- Monday, July 17, 2023: New Moon in Cancer at 8:33 p.m.
- Wednesday August 16, 2023: New Moon in Leo at 4:39 p.m.
- Friday, September 15, 2023: New Moon in Virgo at 3:41 a.m.
- Saturday October 14, 2023: New Moon in Libra at 7:56 p.m.
- Monday, November 13, 2023: New Moon in Scorpio at 10:29 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 13, 2023: New Moon in Sagittarius at 12:33 a.m.