Make a success of your strawberry and glasswort tart with Charles-Emmanuel Caudron
Chef Charles-Emmanuel Caudron offers a revisited strawberry tart recipe, which he decorates with a delicious glasswort caramel. A treat for the taste buds who love the sweet-salty mix.
The Festival of Lights 2022 in Lyon
It is in the restaurant of the marina of Saint-Valery-sur-Somme, in a charming setting, that chef Charles-Emmanuel Caudron offers simple and inventive cuisine.
This proud ambassador of sweet and savory has concocted a strawberry pie in the image of this whirlwind of flavors. Special mention for his glasswort caramel, which, as he says, will know “give a little salted butter caramel side” to your traditional strawberry pie.
What could be better than a good strawberry pie to end the meal? Learn how to make it and remix it the Charles-Emmanuel Caudron way.
A recipe and an encounter to be found on our show * Succulent !broadcast on Saturdays at 11:25 a.m. on France 3 Grand Est, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, Hauts-de-France and Centre-Val-de Loire.
Ingredients for the shortcrust pastry
1 pinch of salt
Ingredients for the mousseline cream with asters
25 cl of milk
250 g of asters
25 cl of vegetable cream
Ingredients for the glasswort caramel
50g of sugar
- Mix flour, butter, sugar and salt.
- Add the egg.
- Film the dough on contact and leave to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Roll out the dough and cut out 10cm diameter discs.
- Bake the discs at 180° for 12 minutes.
Mousseline cream with asters
- Boil the milk and the asters, blend and pass through a cheesecloth.
- Mix the egg, sugar and cornstarch.
- Add the egg mixture to the milk and bring to the boil, stirring constantly to thicken.
- Off the heat, add the butter.
- Film in contact and let cool.
- Whip the vegetable cream (previously cooled) in a mixer.
- Gently add the cream mixture.
- Prepare a dry caramel.
- Sauté the salicornia in the caramel.
- Reserve the salicornia caramel.
- Deglaze with the cream, then reduce.
- Book cool.
Put the mousseline cream with asters on the disc of shortbread, generously add the salicornia, the Noyelles strawberries and cover with a few crystallized salicornia.
If you have obione seeds you can sprinkle some.
The little extra from the chef : Keep the bowl of the mixer cool before putting the cream in the mixer, it will whip up more easily.
Enjoy your lunch !