3 recipes to impress your guests!
With the chaos surrounding the preparation of Christmas dinner, we are all overloaded. Many of us enjoy making fancy meals, cooking all day, and even starting to prep everything the night before. Sometimes the main meal takes a long time. Not only because we work hard in the kitchen all day, but also because we have to clean up, set the table, get dressed and do our makeup. So why not help yourself by preparing something quite simple, but extremely delicious? Cut your time in half by following our tasty recipes for the best Christmas savory verrines and delight your guests’ palates with an explosion of flavors!
Discover the best savory verrines for Christmas!
There are a lot of Christmas starters to prepare the day before, and verrines are one of them! Yes, you can make a nice little dessert in a glass, but what about a starter? These very easy to follow recipes will allow you to prepare the perfect starters to complete your Christmas menu without wasting time! Stop talking! Let’s talk about serious things !
Christmas savory panna cotta
This savory panna cotta recipe, divinely creamy and delicious, will make you want to have more!
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 250ml cream
- 150 ml thickened cream
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 100g grated parmesan
- 3 sheets of golden gelatin
- 4 sprigs of ripened cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Basil leaves and toasted bread, to serve
- First, lightly oil 125 ml molds. Place the garlic in a saucepan with the creams and sprigs of thyme over medium heat. Then bring to just below the boil and stir in the cheese. Leave to infuse for about 25 minutes.
- Then, soak the gelatine sheets in cold water for approximately 5 minutes to soften them well and warm the cream. Squeeze the gelatin to remove excess water, then add the leaves to the cream and stir to dissolve them. Filter in a carafe, after pouring into molds. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or leave overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C for approximately 30 minutes before serving. Place the tomatoes on a platter, season and drizzle with oil. Roast them until they start to wilt and then drizzle with half the balsamic. Run a knife around the panna cotta moulds, then turn them out onto plates. Drizzle with the rest of the balsamic and serve with tomatoes, grated parmesan, basil and bread.
Shrimp avocado verrine recipe
How about this tasty Christmas starter with prawns, tomatoes and avocado? Titillate your palate with this marvelous explosion of fragrances.
- 4 sprigs of ripened cherry tomatoes
- 4 large avocados
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- balsamic vinegar
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes or make a tomato coulis. Mix them with a little balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Then, cut the onion and the garlic into small dice and mix them with the tomatoes.
- Put two tablespoons of this mixture in each verrine. This will be the base.
- Next, mash your avocados and also add salt and pepper. Place two or three tablespoons of mashed avocado on the tomatoes.
- Finally, take your prawns and cut them up or leave them as they are, according to your taste. And garnish! And There you go ! You have just prepared one of the simplest savory verrines for your Christmas menu!
Verrine raw ham recipe
We end with another creamy and savory verrine for Christmas with ham. After tasting it, you’ll want to make it every day!
- 400-500g cherry tomatoes
- Parme’s ham
- 25 cl heavy cream
- 130 g grated parmesan
- 1 large red bell pepper
- Olive oil
- First, dice the garlic and put it in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Then add the tomatoes and stir until everything warms up and turns into a puree.
- Once this is done, pour an equal amount of this concoction into the glasses.
- In a clean saucepan, heat the crème fraiche with the parmesan and stir until smooth.
- Spoon equal amounts of this mixture into the glasses, over the tomatoes, then add grated parmesan cheese on top. You can garnish it as you like and put it in the fridge for the night. When ready to serve, add the ham on top (whole or sliced) and enjoy!