Cyril Lignac’s inescapable recipe for Candlemas!
For Christmas, Cyril Lignac delighted us with his recipe for ultra tasty mulled wine with spices (without Espelette pepper, sorry!). After gorging yourself at Christmas and for the Epiphany, you will still have a little room for the Candlemas, is not it ? Down with dry, stuffy industrial pancakes and pancake batter full of lumps: Cyril Lignac gives you his easy recipe, promise of unmissable pancakes!
Before going through the Cupid box, florists and chocolate makers, another traditional festival is unmissable: Candlemas! But then, to be sure not to miss your pancakes this year, a sizeable ally: Cyril Lignac! To our delight, the famous Chef entrusts us with his recipe! Ready to do skip the pancakes?
Cyril Lignac’s unmissable recipe:
- 250g of flour
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 500ml milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
To add a little more flavor to your sweet Cyril Lignac-style crepes, you can flavor them with rum, orange blossom, or add a little vanilla extract. (Still no Espelette pepper, sorry…)
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar and add the pinch of salt.
- Add the eggs one at a time, taking care to mix the preparation with a whisk between the addition of each egg.
- Gradually pour in the vegetable oil and then the milk and mix everything thoroughly.
- Flavor the pancake batter according to your tastes and desires (rum, orange blossom or vanilla extract).
- Ideally, let the pancake batter rest for at least 1 hour. Those in a hurry can still start cooking without letting the dough rest.
Read also on Genève Secrète: La Bonbonnière: a 100% gourmet address around chocolate